As you know, immigration conditions with Canada are different. One of the ways is startup visa. You must be able to obtain an immigrant visa. Startups are another migration method that is offered to many people and can be done by creating a new business that operates in an important and technological field. In the following, we will introduce you to all the conditions for immigrating to Canada through Visa Startup. Be with MigrateDesk.
What are the steps for a Canadian startup visa?
- Write a creative and new idea and design
- Apply for permanent residency in Canada (If these steps are done by experienced and reputable consultants, the residency will be granted in 12 to 16 months).
- Approval of the plan by one of the reputable companies mentioned (approximately after these steps and the approval of the idea of the plan owner, the Canadian startup visa process is formed.)
- Submit a written idea to one of the reputable companies (entrepreneurial investment funds, investment angels and startup growth center)
Conditions for obtaining a Canadian start-up visa
One of the conditions for starting a Visa Startup is having an initial capital because the Government of Canada does not provide funding to anyone who wants to get a visa and start a business. This is not a solution to invest in Canada, but a creative way to speed up the visa process and support yourself.
- In fact, if you are planning to get a Canadian start-up visa, it is best to have about the initial capital (for 6 months) to make a living. (It should also be noted that the amount of this capital is determined by the number of members of each household and this amount changes every year.
- One of the necessary conditions is to have knowledge of English or French (in all fields of writing, speaking and listening) and to obtain a score at least equal to CLB 5.
- In fact, in order to obtain a Canadian start-up visa, it is necessary to take one of the two English language tests of reputable institutions (CELPIP G-Test and IELTS) or one of the two French language tests (TEF Canada and TCF Canada) and the result in the form Make your request. Note that if you do not get the minimum score, your request will be canceled.
- Another important requirement for a Canadian Startup Visa is to prove business and gain the trust of an organization approved by the Canadian Immigration Service. You can get help from MigrateDesk for advice and guidance.
Steps to get a startup visa
This program is offered to people who intend to immigrate to Canada and want to start a new startup and business that can expand globally in this country. Starting a business in a country where you have no background and experience seems impossible, but it is better to know that Canada takes into account all the risks and difficulties of these entrepreneurs, and if you do not succeed in that startup, your stay will not be canceled and you can Work safely in another field. MigrateDesk has the best for you.
- Starting a business in Canada in which you own at least 10% of the shares.
- All the founders of that business must have at least 50% of its shares and also a maximum of five people can apply for a visa to start a business.
- Receive a letter of support from one of the organizations accepted by the Canadian Startup Visa Program
- Have a language degree (English or French) equivalent to IELTS 5
- Have a minimum bank account for one year of living expenses (C $ 12,669 per person – C $ 19,390 for 3 people)
- Receiving a letter of support from the institutions that accept the start-up visa program
- Apply for residency to start a startup in Canada
- In a startup immigrant visa to Canada, you can get permanent residence for yourself and your family members at the same time, and this residence is not conditional on the success of the business idea.
List of startup support organizations in Canada
To immigrate to Canada through a startup, you must introduce your business to one of these organizations and convince them that your business has the necessary conditions and you have the ability to create and expand this business. If the selected organization is satisfied, it will issue a letter of support, which is one of the most important documents for obtaining Canadian residency. The Canadian Startup Program aims to invite entrepreneurs to start a professional and practical business in the country. If the applicant can convince the Government of Canada that the business in question meets the minimum requirements and can also expand the business globally, he or she can obtain the permit and start operating. To further investigate this issue, the Government of Canada has introduced organizations that specialize in startups to assess the eligibility of Canadian residency applicants through startups.
Start-up support organizations are divided into three sections:
1- Incubiter: This specialized organization helps to support all kinds of startups and also helps in the implementation and growth of businesses.
- BDC Venture Capital
- Celtic House Venture Partners
- Extreme Venture Partners LLP
- Golden Venture Partners Fund, LP
- Impression Ventures
- Information Venture Partners Management Inc.
- Innovation Platform Capital International LP
- iNovia Capital Inc.
- Lumira Capital
- Nova Scotia Innovation Corporation (or Innovacorp)
- OMERS Ventures Management Inc.
- Pangaea Ventures Ltd.
- PRIVEQ Capital Funds
- Real Ventures
- Relay Ventures
- ScaleUp Venture Partners, Inc.
- Top Renergy Inc.
- Vanedge Capital Limited Partnership
- Version One Ventures
- Westcap Management Ltd.
- Yaletown Venture Partners Inc.
- Angel Investor: This collection is formed in start-up businesses and makes small investments.
- Canadian International Angel Investors
- Golden Triangle Angel Network
Oak Mason Investments Inc.
- Southeastern Ontario Angel Network
- Southwestern Ontario Angel Group
- TenX Angel Investors Inc.
- VANTEC Angel Network Inc.
York Angel Investors Inc.
3- Capitalist Venture: This organization makes large investments in growing startups.
- Alacrity Foundation
- Alberta Agriculture and Forestry
- Biomedical Commercialization Canada Inc. (operating as Manitoba Technology Accelerator)
- Calgary Technologies Inc.
- Creative Destruction Lab
- Empowered Startups Ltd.
- Extreme Innovations
- Genesis Center
- Highline BETA Inc.
- Interactive Niagara Media Cluster or Innovate Niagara
- Invest Ottawa
- Knowledge Park o / a Planet Hatch
- Launch Academy
- LaunchPad PEI Inc.
- NEXT Canada
- Real Investment Fund III L.P. o / a FounderFuel
- Ryerson Futures Inc.
- Spark Commercialization and Innovation Center
- Spring Activator
- The DMZ at Ryerson University
- TSRV Canada Inc. (operating as Techstars Canada)
- Waterloo Accelerator Center
- York Entrepreneurship Development Institute
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a startup visa permanent or temporary?
In the first place, your counselors and lawyers can get you a 6-month visa, and after 12 months your visa will be permanent.
Who is eligible for a Canadian Startup Visa?
As a person eligible to obtain a work visa for the Startup Program, you must meet both the entry requirements for Canada and the Startup Canada Program requirements to start operating in that country.
In what case can family members accompany the applicant with a startup work visa for 6 months?
Recipients of a startup work permit who are temporarily resident in Canada can take their spouse and children with them to Canada if they apply for a work and study permit.
What are the requirements for obtaining a work permit through a Canadian startup program?
Having an acceptable business, an invitation to a support organization in Canada, and familiarity with the language (English or French) and enough money to live in Canada are a must for a Canadian startup work permit. Of course, it should be noted that the owner of the project during that period of six months until the time of residence, it is necessary to focus on the idea of his startup, otherwise permanent residence will not be granted. The Immigration Agency also states that if the plan fails, it accepts the risk of not starting a startup and will not invalidate the residence permit for you and your family in any way.