To begin with, you should know that immigration to Canada has different conditions. So you have to find the right way for your situation. One way to immigrate to Canada is to get married. Deciding to get married and live together is an exciting event for a couple. This will be different when their nationalities are not equal. Marriage to a Canadian citizen can lead to permanent residency, and this issue has its own specific awareness. Another misconception is that permanent residence in Canada is automatically granted through marriage. Join migratedesk to learn zero to one hundred about the work process and conditions for immigrating to Canada through marriage.
Who is covered by marriage immigration laws in Canada?
Laws are different in different societies, so when it comes to citizenship of another country, we have to go by their laws. There are several types of partners defined in Canada, one of which is the opposite sex, who is legally married to us and started living together, in Canada this view is slightly different. This is a personal partner of the opposite or opposite sex who has been living and having a relationship with another for more than a year. There is even another type of partner who is married to each other; But under certain conditions they can not live together. Visa officials carefully evaluate all aspects and reject the application if they feel that the relationship between the two is fake. Note that you will not be able to obtain permanent residency for your fiancé using this visa, and there is no such thing as a Canadian fiancé visa. You can make your fiancé a permanent resident of Canada using your spouse’s sponsorship law if he or she is your partner.
more: ” Canadian Guardian Visa “
Marriage laws in Canada
- Marriage in Canada has an age limit.
- You must not be under 18 when you want to get married without your parents’ permission.
- Marriage between the ages of 16 and 18 takes place with the permission of the parents or the order of the judge.
- Having two spouses is not legal.
- If you want to get married for the second time, you must divorce your ex-spouse.
- After marriage, you can change your last name to your spouse. Of course, this is just a custom and there are no legal requirements in this regard. You can also use a hybrid surname and have both surnames together. Your spouse also has the same conditions for choosing his or her last name after marriage. It can retain its name, remove your name, or use a combination of both surnames.
Why immigrate to Canada by marriage?
Although the Canadian government prefers to prioritize migrant workers in its programs, it cannot ignore the priority of family cohesion. Family cohesion is an important cultural aspect of Canada, and immigrants who enter the country usually have the same culture and vision. The Government of Canada, with particular emphasis on this issue, has kept the way open for family members to come together; The process of processing immigration applications to Canada by marriage is followed more quickly and their process is less than other immigration methods. Between someone who is going to immigrate to Canada on a work visa and someone who is going to apply for a marriage visa, the latter comes to an end sooner.
Dowry in Canada
The marriage must be performed by a cleric and there must be two adults as witnesses. Dowry in marriage laws in Canada is not the same as it is in Iran. If a marriage ends in divorce, all property acquired during the marriage will be divided between the parties. But when the marriage is performed in accordance with Iranian law and is registered in the official offices of Iran, the dowry is determined. In the event of a divorce, dowry is also seen in Canadian courts as a financial obligation under a contract and can be pursued. However, most Canadian courts will refer dowry divorce terms to Iranian courts.
Canadian formal marriage
Immigrating to Canada through marriage is one of the common methods of immigration that makes your family warm as a warm and friendly Iranian family. As of October 25, 2012, new provisions have been made regarding spouse financial support for permanent residence. Anyone who receives residency through his or her sponsor must have a legal relationship with him or her for up to two years. That way, staying in Canada through marriage can be permanent until you experience two years of living together with your spouse. If you are together for less than this time, your chances of being eliminated will increase dramatically. Even if it is proven after two years that the couple separated during the first two years of their life together in Canada, the residence of the spouse who is supported will be revoked and as a result they will have to leave Canada. This is a law that has been in force for all spouses under the protection of the spouse since October 2012. Behind the law was a restriction on the use of formal marriage to immigrate to Canada, which was used by many profiteers. Many people are currently looking for a marriage case in Canada or looking for a marriage site in Canada so that they can find a person and pay him / her to get to Canada.
Conditions of residence in Canada by marriage
Canadian living conditions are divided into two parts through marriage
- Conditions that the sponsor (spouse who is a Canadian citizen) must have.
- Conditions that the sponsor must have (a spouse who is not a Canadian citizen and is about to immigrate to Canada with the support of his or her spouse).
If you are sponsoring your spouse, you should do the following:
- If you are a Canadian citizen, you must live there. If you are not a resident of Canada, you must prove that you want to live in Canada when the people you support become permanent residents.
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- You must be over 18 years old. Applications for sponsorship from spouses or partners under the age of 18 will be rejected.
- Prove that you are able to financially support the sponsor. The period of time you are required to sponsor the sponsor and meet his or her basic needs is 3 years. You have to make a commitment to the Government of Canada and the person you are going to support.
- Prove that you do not receive financial assistance from the government for reasons other than disability.
- You must not have another spouse or partner when making this request.
- Do not be supported by your ex-spouse or partner. If you are still supported by your spouse and partner, it means that less than 5 years have passed since your stay in Canada. Once you have become a permanent resident by marriage to a Canadian citizen and the marriage has led to separation, you have a limited time to sponsor your new spouse. In general, the sponsored person can not sponsor another person for up to 5 years.
- Have not sponsored another spouse in the last three years. Because in this case, you are supporting him financially and you are living in a period of commitment. In general, a sponsor cannot sponsor another person for up to 3 years.
- Have not been convicted of crimes such as sexual offenses, crimes against persons, threats against others, domestic violence, etc. If you have been convicted of one of these offenses, you can only sponsor another person if you have either been reinstated, acquitted, or served a sentence of more than 5 years.
- Have not received a deportation letter from Canada.
- Sign an agreement with the sponsor in which you accept your obligations and responsibilities.
If you are a spouse who wants to immigrate to Canada by marrying a Canadian citizen, you should consider the following:
There are other cases of immigration to Canada through marriage. For example, sponsored and sponsored marriages must be acceptable and legal. That is, to be approved both in the country of origin and in the country of destination.
- Be over 18 years old.
- Do not have a criminal record.
- Have undergone a medical examination.
- Be able to prove the authenticity of your relationship.
- One of the rules for immigrating to Canada through marriage is that your marriage must be in person.
Steps to immigrate to Canada through marriage
Application for permanent residence by the sponsor and application for financial support by the sponsor. The IRCC is a Canadian government agency that deals with immigrants, refugees and citizens. You and your spouse must apply to this organization at the same time.
As a sponsor, you must complete the following steps before submitting your application:
- Make sure you are eligible for financial support.
- Pay the required fees on the IRCC website.
- Then email your application to the IRCC at the same time as your spouse’s permanent residence application.
- Get the application form
Your application will be approved if your application is complete and your file contains all the required and approved documents. If the case is incomplete, the visa officers will reject your application if they do not acknowledge the authenticity of your relationship or find it to be fake. You can complete and resubmit the file if it is not complete, or appeal if the reason for rejecting the application is not acceptable to you. After receiving permanent residency, the sponsor can apply to become a Canadian citizen after 5 years of living in Canada. Of course, the conditions must be prepared and approved.
Canadian Marriage Visa Documents
Your application must include a valid marriage certificate. This document must show that your marriage was legal in the country of origin. It is a good idea to send along with all the documents proving that you are each other’s real spouse or real-life partner. Documents, including wedding photos and videos, are documents that have been used during your years together, a history of contacts, a joint account, or anything that is normal in a relationship between couples.
How long does it take to immigrate to Canada through marriage?
It is unknown at this time what he will do after leaving the post. What is clear is that most of the time, this process takes about 12 minutes. Of course, your case may not have a normal process, in which case the sponsorship process will take more than 12 months, and how long it will take depends on the nature of your case.
The cost of a marriage visa in Canada
As stated during the immigration process in Canada, you must pay the visa fee before submitting your application to the IRCC. Although you can do this later, it is recommended that you do this before receiving your residency. If you do not pay before the request, your acceptance may be delayed. If your application is rejected, you will be reimbursed for the Canadian marriage visa fee you paid.
This equals $ 1,050, which includes:
- $ 75 sponsorship fee.
- $ 475 for the original applicant’s processing fee.
- $ 500 permanent residence permit.
So you have to keep in mind that marriage is a good thing for immigration because two people grow up together with all the busyness and they are not alone. However, living with two people has its own conditions and rules that you must be aware of in order to immigrate. Immigrating to Canada through marriage is another way for you to immigrate and live in another country. MigrateDesk always tries to provide the best advice and tips to people.